Friday, November 03, 2006

The great pumpkin rises in DC

I was in DC for Halloween, and made an effort to go out after work. I got invited to a party, but had no costume. But I improvised and looked sort of like a minister, or should i say priest, and a fashioned a large cross to go around my neck. I didn't expect much, but the party was pleasant and laidback. Then I started chatting up a guy who was dressed as a boy scout. It was a natural fit for a priest to chat with a petite scout. right? hehe.



He was quite interesting and was working as an Associate in DC. Things went well, although I could not see myself making out with someone in a scout uniform. Shades of sex crimes, if u know what i mean. Yechhh. Then we started to talk about film. It turns out we both love Oldboy, except for the squid scene.


Minutes became an hour, and after a few hours, we were both pretty buzzed. "Were you really a scout?," I asked. Yes, he was. an eagle scout, no less. Hmmm... what was your favorite merit badge? I stumped him on that. We started to come up with modern merit badges. There must be one for blogging and using google.

I wondered aloud if there was one for safe sex. Probably not, he said, since the scouts have severe issues with sexuality and have to stay clear of sex issues, even if they concern health. okay. i was buzzed. so of course, i asked, "Would you be interested in getting another merit badge this evening?" Hmmm. .. he pondered the question. He took a judicious pause.



"Well, my BROTHER," he said. He really liked chatting with me, and it would not be a lie, he said, to say that he did not get aroused at least twice during our conversation. (yes. i noticed) But he had recently ended a relationship 3 months earlier, and was still conflicted.

"No prob," I said. I was just asking cuz i am into you. I wasn't looking for a LTR, I told him. Just a friendship. And perhaps it is the alchohol that is talking.

We continued to talk. Bong. Time to turn into a pumpkin. He had to leave. I told him I would walk him out. You can help me cross the street (scout). Before we parted, we hugged. I thanked him for a great night, and the hug became a quick, light kiss on our lips.

"You know," he said, " I am a bad host. Would you like to drop by my place for a snack?" Sure. Okay. We cabbed it. He pointed out some of the monuments near the federal mall. I whispered to him.. I wouldnt mind seeing another sort of monument. We laughed.



I sort of fantasized the we could end up like the couple in this pic. He had a nice place. comfy chic. nice artwork. good taste. nice couch. we sat on the couch, our knees touched as we watched Leno. oops. I told him that I knew what it was like to break up, and I was cool with just hanging out. no pressure, no expectations. That's when he kissed me. And later, I got a tour of another Washington monument. And it was much tastier than the one in the federal mall.

I am going to definitely arrange more visits to DC. Oh, thankfully, he isn;t a Republican. Hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home